Monday, April 6, 2009

Once a little girl... now a woman


Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds on her heart her most precious dreams. She longs to be swept up into a romance, to play an irresistable role in a great adventure, to be the Beauty of the story. Those diaries are far more than child's play. They are the secret to the feminine heart.
And yet- how many women do you know who ever find that life? As the years pass by, the heart of a women gets pushed aside, wounded, buried. She finds no romanse except in novels, no adventure except on television and she doubts very much that she will ever be the Beauty in any tale.
But her heart is still there. Sometimes when she watches a movie, sometimes in the wee hours of the night, her heart begins to speak again. A thirst rises within her to find the life she was meant to live- th life she dreamed of as a little girl.
Here's the deal ladies: Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation! The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you still feel as a woman- they are telling you of the life God created you to live. He offers to come now as the Hero of your story, to rescue your heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman. A woman who is truly captivating.
If you know me at all, you will know I am anything but a " hopeless romantic". It has been said that quite often I am all to realistic when it comes to this whole issue of relationships and dealing with my emotions. Ironically this has been an issue that has been facing so many students in my youth group, and in my life. From girls who allow guys to treat them like CRAP, ( excuse my french ;)) to guys who actually worry about who they will end up with one day, emotions and relationships are a HUGE part of who we are as humans. And unless we understand who we are in GOd's eyes then we can't even begin to start acting in the way he wants us to as His children. * Guys, and girls, in no way am I condeming anyone... I myself, stand in need of learning a lesson or two in this area, but thankfully God is changing my heart, and is showing me that the more I a chose to be vulnerbale and real with my feelings and emotions the more I am acting in a way that God created me to, and desires for me to. Here is an awesome love letter from God to women. Take a minute and read it... you will be encouraged!
Dear Women,
When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being. When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils. But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man because your nostrils are too delicate. I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you. Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity. From one bone I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man’s life. I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him, as you are meant to do. Around this one bone, I shaped you… I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully. Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile. You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart. His heart is the center of his being, his lungs hold the breath of life. The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart. Support man as the rib cage supports the body. You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side. You are my perfect angel… You are my beautiful girl. You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill when they part in prayer. Your nose, so perfect in form, your hands so gentile to touch. I’ve caressed your face in your deepest sleep. I’ve held your heart close to mine. Of all that lives and breathes, you are most like me. Adam walked with me in the coolness of day, yet he was lonely. He could not see me or touch me. He could only feel me. So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you; my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love, my protection and support. You are special because you are an extension of me. Man represents my imagine, woman my emotions. Together, you represent the totality of God. So man… treat women well. Love her, respect her, for she is fragile.

Love,
Your Daddy ( God)

1 comment:

  1. what a cool post and so true!!! your such a smarty pants!! Im glad your allowing God to work in your heart and make you even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete